Search This Blog

Monday, February 5, 2018

FOR WHAT PURPOSE?



It's not that I object to people who praise God. I appreciate them; I really do. 

My problem with Doug Pederson's comments during presentation of the Vince Lombardi trophy on February 4, 2018, came with him saying "This is why God put me here." (Probably highly paraphrased) I actually have no question on whether or not God placed him there. However, I can safely say that God really cares very little about the game itself. Assuming that God did, indeed, place Pederson in that position, there was likely some reason that is not so public. 

Since my teen-years, I have known that one of my primary responsibilities as a Christian is to walk this way every day in so as to make this world better for “someone” just by my presence. I may know that person well, or not at all. Such a one may be someone I truly like/love or someone who is a thorn in my side who has sworn to be my life-long enemy; whether I like it or not. (I need not buy into such a game.)

Coach Pederson may be sent; rather, likely has been sent to one such person somewhere in the most obscure position of the Eagles organization, or to one of his star players who desperately needs his influence today (or sometime soon). Perhaps he has been sent for someone down the block from his home that he will never know, but who admires him as an unattainable example. Such a role for the Coach is a far greater responsibility than any conceivable single win or championship trophy. The February 4, 2018, euphoria over the Eagles’ monumental win just may cause him and all of the lesser “Doug Pederson’s” to miss the moment for those who need them the most.

I trust that God will lead Pederson AND the whole Eagles organization to those who need them.

No comments:

Post a Comment