Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

On the cutting edge

On the Cutting Edge
What is my blogging goal? Indeed, what is my goal for writing on any subject, within any environment?

I had thought that several previous blogs went straight into a blog, but apparently they all went into google+ messages. That was not my intent. I believe I am now appropriately connected, and I will be posting those "missing" blogs over the next few days. I hope you enjoy.
I’m 68 years old. What I’ve lived through and how I’ve lived through it have brought some pretty deep insights and ways of living that I think others might want to read. At least, I want my family and close friends to know about it.

I live on the cutting edge of life. I don’t mean to claim that I have forged new paths. “The edge” often cuts deeply into my very soul. At times unpleasant and fraught with deep emotional pain; it has cut so deeply that for 30 years I intentionally removed myself from those with whom I had grown up. I wanted nothing to do with them ever again, but by long and hard fought gain I realized they were my true siblings, and began going back. My “return” has been so well accepted that now I “go home” as often as I can. They’re pretty neat folks.

Whence came my growth? You may be surprised; not through psychological help; sometimes despite would-be counselors. My progress came from struggling to learn every lesson possible from life on that sharp, painful edge. I struggled to be as honest with myself as possible; shining light into blind spots we usually prefer to avoid.

Not every gain came from pain. Some were little more than lessons we all live by; discoveries, special understanding, wisdom that happens almost accidentally. I want to share those as well.
I’ve learned volumes, and I know there are others who need the answers as I still need them. So I will be blogging, tweeting and posting on Facebook about them.

If you would like to journey On the Cutting Edge with me, I’d love to have your company.

No comments:

Post a Comment